Today we celebrated Canada's Thanksgiving Day! NO...we didn't celebrate just to celebrate; Angela is from Canada. We weren't able to throw together a traditional meal with the short amount of time that we had, but we still had fun hanging out at the pub. Hopefully for ours 'the American Thanksgiving," we can throw a decent meal together. Here is an interesting discovery. They do not have yams or sweet potatoes in Germany. It's very tragic especially since that is one of my favorite food items at Thanksgiving dinner.
My room has brightened up a little, because now I have flowers! It's amazing what a little color does, but still my room needs something...maybe pictures! It's terrible. I left all my pictures at home, because I didn't have enough time to pack them. I seriously felt like my whole summer flew bye! The good news is, besides a few clothing items, I didn't forget anything necessary.
I am starting to become a nervous wreck. Next Monday my classes will begin. Unfortunately, I still don't know what classes I will be taking. Germany does this whole registration for classes thing differently. Even after you register, you have two weeks to decide if you want to finalize your schedule or not. After the two weeks, then it is finalized! Ich habe ANGST! Hopefully all the classes that I need to take will be offered by Bamberg, and I will be able to transfer them to Clemson. All these things that one needs to worry about when studying abroad.
Besides celebrating Canada's Thanksgiving, the second most interesting thing that I did today was buying a bike! As some people might already know, everyone rides a bike. It is definitely a plus having one here in Bamberg. You get everywhere so much faster...maybe I will stop being late to everything.
MISS YOU ALL!
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I miss you! I'm not going to make it an entire year without my Priscilla! Make sure you take lots and lots of pictures. And don't party too much. And be safe! And yes, I am your second mother! hehe. love you!
Post a Comment