
Clemson University offered the Clemson students a wonderful opportunity. The university paid us $400 a piece to go to this military base for a college fair. Basically, we (Katie, Katrina, and myself) had to sit their for a few hours and answer prospective students' questions. Overall, I think we did a really good job in making a good impression of Clemson on other students and their families. It was pretty easy to talk about the University, because my two years there have given me some of my best memories and life long friends!
The Ramstein air base was kind of awkward to see at first, for it was like a small America within Germany. It was a fairly big base, and everything was written in English. It also had some of America's favorite fast food/ groceries on the base that you would not find in Europe typically. I was shocked to hear some of the teens say that they have been abroad since they were 2 years old!! It could be an interesting, educational lifestyle...but not for me. Personally, I wouldn't be able to live in other countries for 3 years etc. in many different countries. I would miss my family and friends too much! The military family's response to this is: "You learn to make new friends and stay in touch with your family." UNBELIEVABLE
Even though the military lifestyle...living in different countries for a period of time based on deployment...is not for me, I believe I would like to live/travel the world more. I am enjoying my experience so much here at Bamberg, and there is so much more to see!

No comments:
Post a Comment