I receive a disheartening email from my mother around 3am in the morning my time. While my mother was taking Oma to the doctor's, she went into heart failure and had to be taken into the intensive care unit. She is supposedly doing better and is currently at home. She will be undergoing open heart surgery soon, so please keep her in your prayers!
People keep knocking on my door until 4am for articles they have left behind in my room.
At around 7:30am Katie calls me to tell me about her night, which ended soon. She was the cowgirl at the Halloween party the night before and had a little too much fun...she found the bathroom to be a comfortable place to spend the rest of the night!
NOW THE FUN BEGINS:
So like I mentioned before, I had to catch a train at 11:30am. I finally get out of bed at 10 and take a shower. I found my room to be a disaster. I couldn't leave all the dishes, empty bottles, mixers, costume items all over my room for four days! (No these things weren't mine.) So I decided to wash the dishes while I am getting ready for Vienna. Time seemed to be going by so fast, and more sooner than later, it was time to go! I finally left my room at 11:15, just enough time to race my bike over to the bahnhof and hopefully make the train! As I was going 2 miles per hour (the wind was incredibly strong), I realized that I left my insulin behind. PROBLEM! I had to turn around. At this time, I knew it was impossible that I could make my train. In the meantime, I was receiving phone calls from Shawn telling me to move faster! Thanks for the encouragement Shawn! I finally reach the train station around 11:40. Yes, I missed my train! My only option at this moment was to get a taxi and take it to Nuernberg to catch the next train to Vienna.
THE TAXI RIDEFortunately, I had a really nice taxi driver. By the end of the drive, I felt like I knew him pretty well. I learned about his family and some of his friends in Austria. He also told me about some of the German towns and discussed a little about Oktoberfest. But the most talked about subject was his GSP system. He was so excited to show me how it worked...it had to be new for him. I was getting updates from him every minute about where we were, how many more kilometers, and how much time it would take us to get to Nuernberg. We became so close that he even offered me a cigarette even though I don't smoke; he said that I looked like I needed it. Thanks buddy...I did just miss my train!! When we finally reached my destination, he gave me a 10% discount, but it was still expensive! The good news is that I made the train and met up with the gang that was going to Vienna!

No comments:
Post a Comment