My plan for Christmas break altered immensely. I was suppose to go to my aunt's until Wednesday, where I would then meet Katie, from Clemson, and her family in Amsterdam. I would be in Amsterdam until Saturday, where I would then take a train to Koeln. The next day I was going to take a bus with my friend Shawn to Paris to spend two days there and then go back to Koeln. From January 2-6 Shawn and I would visit Lieselotte in Belgium. The plan sounded great until I realized: it was difficult bringing this huge red suitcase around on the trains, I left my phone charger behind and my phone was dead, I left my alarm clock on again (my neighbors probably hate me), and the only trains I could find to Amsterdam left late one day and came back early the other. I am not going to lie; I was also waiting for a package that has my new camera in it! Anyways, I decided to spend an extra day with my aunt and cancel the Amsterdam trip. I arrived back in Bamberg Thursday afternoon, when Shawn tells me that he is also coming back. We realize that our trip to Paris isn't official yet, so we can still back out, so we decide not to go because of the short time period in Paris. Now we were in Bamberg with no one here.
That Saturday, December 30, Shawn and I discovered a theatre in Nuerenberg that plays international movies. Basically it plays the movie in which language it was produced. So we went to theatre to watch Deja Vu, which was good but the theatre was very...unique. First of all, it was in a alienated town outside of the city. It was the only building that was lit up during this evening. As we walked into the theatre we were guided by a flashlight, even though the theatre was pretty well lit up. Now for how the theatre looked: It had a very old theatre look with a stage a red curtains, that would clos
e before the movie began. There was a Christmas tree lit up and garland hanging everywhere; yes, the lights all dimmed when the movie began. Finally, the theatre had hooks on the side, where you could hang your jacket. It was so cute!
Katie came back from Amsterdam, and we realized that we had no amazing New Year's plans. For a long time, we were contempt on going to Nuerenberg, but then we received a phone call from Matt, a fellow Clemson student who was visiting Janah in Munich. Janah is German, who studied abroad in Clemson for a year. Katie, Shawn, and myself decided to go visit them in Munich for New Year's. The train ride there was very interesting. Since Munich is a big city and it was New Year's eve, the train was overly crowded. There was a big group of people that were sitting or standing on the floor. Soon a guy whipped out his guitar and a lot of people joined in singing American and German songs. I didn't personally join in, but the American soldiers did, who were actually very obnoxious. On that note I have to say, the soldiers stationed in Germany are very rude and loud. They represent Americans terribly! I know they will be heading out to Iraq for our country but come on...you don't need to be an asshole in a foreign country! Anyways, after the train ride we go to Janah's when I realize that there were 3 other Clemson students there besides Matt. It was nice to be with the Clemson family. Shawn on the other hand didn't like it too much for he goes to USC, Clemson's rival school...poor Shawn!
Anyways, we went to a party downtown at one of the bars that also had a karaoke machine. What a night we had! At the bar I was hanging around my new friends that I met there, which I know for sure one guy was Anthony and the other Bucky. Anthony was the only one out of the group from America, actually he was from Miami. Supposedly he has some government type job in Nuerenberg...I don't know about that though. I think he was feeding me a lot of lies that night. Anyways, the good news is that I had a great time and didn't have to pay for any of my drinks! Yes, I did do karakoe one time...not planned. My good friend signed me up with my 'incredible' voice (I am being sarcastic by the way) for no other then Kelly Clarkson, breakaway. It turned out being fun, for I had the help of Katie, Shawn, and a random guy. Too bad we didn't get any pictures of that! The countdown at the bar wasn't anything amazing, but it soon was midnight and the new year 2007! Can you believe it? Time goes by too fast! We watched some fireworks and hung out at the bar a little longer. Soon the guys wanted to check out another place, but Katie and I were ready for bed by this time. We ended up getting lost and taking a taxi back to Janah's. We finally went to bed around 4:30. There were some interesting stories about the sleeping situation and what noises people were making. Supposedly I moan, but as Matt says, "It's like you were solving math problems in your head and were like O...Oh." Kind of embarrassing, but at least I don't snore or talk in my sleep!
Shawn went back to Bamberg ahead us, but Katie and I finally arrived in Bamberg around 8:30 p.m. Overall, I had a great New Year's!
It was now January 2, and I still hadn't received my package with my camera in it! It is so annoying, because I really want to take my own pictures and not use other people's pictures. Anyways, Shawn and I were on our way Belgium! We stopped in Koeln were we visited one of the cathedrals, which is supposedly one of the beautifullest in the world!
That Saturday, December 30, Shawn and I discovered a theatre in Nuerenberg that plays international movies. Basically it plays the movie in which language it was produced. So we went to theatre to watch Deja Vu, which was good but the theatre was very...unique. First of all, it was in a alienated town outside of the city. It was the only building that was lit up during this evening. As we walked into the theatre we were guided by a flashlight, even though the theatre was pretty well lit up. Now for how the theatre looked: It had a very old theatre look with a stage a red curtains, that would clos
e before the movie began. There was a Christmas tree lit up and garland hanging everywhere; yes, the lights all dimmed when the movie began. Finally, the theatre had hooks on the side, where you could hang your jacket. It was so cute!Katie came back from Amsterdam, and we realized that we had no amazing New Year's plans. For a long time, we were contempt on going to Nuerenberg, but then we received a phone call from Matt, a fellow Clemson student who was visiting Janah in Munich. Janah is German, who studied abroad in Clemson for a year. Katie, Shawn, and myself decided to go visit them in Munich for New Year's. The train ride there was very interesting. Since Munich is a big city and it was New Year's eve, the train was overly crowded. There was a big group of people that were sitting or standing on the floor. Soon a guy whipped out his guitar and a lot of people joined in singing American and German songs. I didn't personally join in, but the American soldiers did, who were actually very obnoxious. On that note I have to say, the soldiers stationed in Germany are very rude and loud. They represent Americans terribly! I know they will be heading out to Iraq for our country but come on...you don't need to be an asshole in a foreign country! Anyways, after the train ride we go to Janah's when I realize that there were 3 other Clemson students there besides Matt. It was nice to be with the Clemson family. Shawn on the other hand didn't like it too much for he goes to USC, Clemson's rival school...poor Shawn!

Anyways, we went to a party downtown at one of the bars that also had a karaoke machine. What a night we had! At the bar I was hanging around my new friends that I met there, which I know for sure one guy was Anthony and the other Bucky. Anthony was the only one out of the group from America, actually he was from Miami. Supposedly he has some government type job in Nuerenberg...I don't know about that though. I think he was feeding me a lot of lies that night. Anyways, the good news is that I had a great time and didn't have to pay for any of my drinks! Yes, I did do karakoe one time...not planned. My good friend signed me up with my 'incredible' voice (I am being sarcastic by the way) for no other then Kelly Clarkson, breakaway. It turned out being fun, for I had the help of Katie, Shawn, and a random guy. Too bad we didn't get any pictures of that! The countdown at the bar wasn't anything amazing, but it soon was midnight and the new year 2007! Can you believe it? Time goes by too fast! We watched some fireworks and hung out at the bar a little longer. Soon the guys wanted to check out another place, but Katie and I were ready for bed by this time. We ended up getting lost and taking a taxi back to Janah's. We finally went to bed around 4:30. There were some interesting stories about the sleeping situation and what noises people were making. Supposedly I moan, but as Matt says, "It's like you were solving math problems in your head and were like O...Oh." Kind of embarrassing, but at least I don't snore or talk in my sleep!
Shawn went back to Bamberg ahead us, but Katie and I finally arrived in Bamberg around 8:30 p.m. Overall, I had a great New Year's!

It was now January 2, and I still hadn't received my package with my camera in it! It is so annoying, because I really want to take my own pictures and not use other people's pictures. Anyways, Shawn and I were on our way Belgium! We stopped in Koeln were we visited one of the cathedrals, which is supposedly one of the beautifullest in the world!

No comments:
Post a Comment