Sunday, January 21, 2007

Bad Toelz




January 19-21


This weekend, I went on an erasmus excursion with some of the other exchange students to Bad Toelz. The point of the trip was to go snow skiing, but since there was no snow I ended up not! Actually Friday we couldn't do much in Bad Toelz, because the town felt the hurricane weather was too dangerous to open its stores/businesses. In reality, the weather was not awful, but at times the gust of wind was overbearing.





Friday night we ended up walking around Bad Toelz, which took about 30 minutes, and then we began drinking the wine we purchased there while playing rummie. I must say it was very entertaining to watch Shawn and Angela trying to open the wine bottles! Later in the evening, most of the erasmus students managed to find a spot in Katie, Anna, and Aneta's room to stand or sit; so I hung out there the rest of the night.


Saturday was more eventful. The main group was going to Neuschwanstein, but since I have already seen that with Aneta, we went to Augsburg and Muenchen. Augsburg is known for being one of the oldest towns in Germany; it is said to have been established before the time of Christ. The buildings were of course beautiful. One thing I found interesting in Augsburg was there claim for being the hometown of Mozart. I know! I thought Salzburg was...at least that is what I was told before. Maybe there is more than one famous Mozart?!? After walking around Augsburg, Aneta and I made our way to Muenchen where we enjoyed a warm cup of good old Starbucks!! We didn't stay long in Muenchen for both us have previously been for Oktoberfest, and myself for New Year's. Later that night we celebrated Jenny's, from England, birthday. Everyone drank in our room because supposedly we had the PENTHOUSE.


***Shawn, Molly, and I shared a four person room so it was bigger than the other students' rooms. The penthouse consisted of a king size bed, one twin bed, and another bed consisting of two mattresses on top of eachother. Our room also had two old fashion chairs with a table perfect for rummie playing. The penthouse was equipped with a balcony as well as a huge bathroom. It was pretty sweet!


After partying in the penthouse, we attempted to go to a karakoe bar that we discovered in Bad Toelz. We were not there that long, for the music was terrible and everyone was ready for their ZZZZZZ's.


On Sunday, the group was given the choice of either snow skiing with only 10% of the hills open or visit Muenchen. Since I didn't want to waste my money on skiing on fake snow with patches of grass, I decided to go with Molly to Muenchen where we then continued to come straight back to Bamberg. Overall the trip was fun...but not the typical skiing trip if you know what I mean!

No comments: