Saturday, May 26, 2007

Regensburg Half-Marathon

May 20

Today I went to my first half-marthon...I didn't participate, but I was there.
Joined by other exchange students, I cheered
on the runners Craig, Katie, Molly, and Theresa.














Katrina and I made these fabolous signs to support the runners, but unfortunatel
y Katie was the only runner to see the sign while running, and that was only after I shoved it in front of her.


Being my first race, I didn't really know what to expect, but it was actually fun to attend and see people finish the half-marathon, which is 13 miles! It is such an accomplishment for these runners and you can see it on their faces as they crossed the finish line.
Some people crossed the finish line single, while others held hands with their significant other or a group of friends. Some children even ran with their parents through the finish line. It was so cute!

I am so glad that I went to experience the half-marthon with the participants!









































No comments: