My friend Monique came to visit me!! My first visitor from the states! It was unfortunate that Monique was only here for a week because there was so much to see and do. While I was waiting I thought I was about to cry waiting for her arrival. It was like a little piece of home was arriving in Deutschland!

After the flight of about 8 hours, it was obvious that she would have terrible jet lag…but being such a super friend, I made sure that she did not nap until at least 9 p.m. After all, that is the only way to get over jet lag. We did nothing terribly exciting except see some of good old Bamberg. The next day we went to Nuerenberg to do some touristy stuff there. It was a bit cold outside, but we still managed to get around. Among the touristy stuff in Nuerenberg, we tried the famous Nuerenbergers, saw the grounds of the party rallies during WWII, and visited a castle and many churches. Of course we did a little shopping but I managed to only window shop…schade.
Later Thursday night, I took Monique to stammtisch to meet some of the other new foreign exchange students, many who I have not even met yet. However, we did not stay out too late because we had much more touristy stuff to do.
Friday and Saturday we stayed with Monique’s family in Frankfurt. It was her expecting Polish cousin and her German husband who we visited. They were a really fun couple to be around, even though there was slight communication awkwardness at first. Even though I have been to Frankfurt so many times, it was nice to actually see the city and the shopping areas. We left late Saturday night and arrived back in Bamberg around 1am. We didn’t have much time to sleep though because Sunday was going to be a BIG day.
If you know Germany, you know that not much is open on Sunday. However, one of the main attractions in Germany is…NEUSCHWANSTEIN. We were on a mission to see the castle and managed to take the train 630 am. Yes I have already visited it once before, but it was just as beautiful if not more the second time. Monique and I were fortunate enough to see the alps surrounding the castle covered in snow. It was one of the most beautiful sights that I have ever seen. We also visited Hochschawnstein, which is the castle that King Ludwig II had grown up in. It was also very nice, but not as breathtaking of course as Neuschwanstein. After a long day, we came back to Bamberg and passed out!

Even though there was so much more that I wanted to show Monique, she had an early flight Tuesday so we had to take an easy on Monday. Therefore, we just walked around Bamberg so more and visited the main sights in the town. Later that night, we celebrated my birthday with tequila and live club! We had quite a night let me tell you. First we went to Shawn’s to pregame, where Mo and I managed to break Shawn’s light! Then we went dancing where Mo managed to repeatedly tell Kyle that his cologne was amazing!! HAHA Love it! I don’t remember what time we came back home but we got up the next morning around 630 to catch the train to Frankfurt airport.
What a rush! The train we were on ended up having technical difficulties so we had to take another train to NUE and then to Frankfurt. Monique just made her flight by the time we made it to Frankfurt! We are so lucky! Thank you Mo for visiting…I needed a piece of home! MISS YOU ALL!
No comments:
Post a Comment